The writer Chiara Basso interviewed me for an article which appeared in the Italian Jesuit magazine Jesus. I've just learned that it caught the attention of someone inside the Vatican, as it was used at a meeting of an association called "Il Cortile dei Gentili", which was created by Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi and is dedicated to developing an open dialog with the secular community. I've appended my English translation to the original article--just follow the link and scroll past the Italian to the English.
- The Frederick News Post had an article and interview with Mary when she was in Maryland
- Pasadena Weekly ran an interview with Mary when she was in California for her book tour. (A slightly revised version appeared on the Huffington Post.)
- The Huntington News places Mary's work within the body of scholarship on Mother Teresa and the Missionaries of Charity.
- When Mary spoke a Northern Essex Community College, she was interviewed by the Editor-in-Chief of the NECC Observer.
- The Portland Press Herald interviewed Mary
- A Canadian journalist talks with Mary about Mother Teresa's legacy
- The Nashua Telegraph features Mary Johnson and the process of writing her memoir
- The National Post sat down with Mary Johnson during her trip to Toronto to discuss sexuality and religion.
- The Concord Monitor describes the politics of the Missionaries of Charity as featured in An Unquenchable Thirst
- The Manchester Union Leader talks with local author, Mary Johnson
- UCA News reports on the reaction of the Missionaries of Charity to An Unquenchable Thirst: "an opportunity for introspection and to rectify errors."
- Beaumont Business Journal Part 1 and Part 2
- The Harvard Crimson covered Mary's visit with the Harvard Humanist Chaplaincy
- Sarah Ashfar interviewed Mary for Yahoo, and Mary shared some hints about her next book.
- Valerie Tarico interviewed Mary on Alternet, and the piece was picked up by Salon
- Gazette.net, the local online news for Frederick County, had a nice article about Mary May 2nd.
- Beyond Belief: the Secret Lives of Women in Extreme Religions interviewed Mary in February
- Tania Pryputniewicz interviewed Mary about A Room of Her Own on Writer to Writer
- Mary spoke with The Daily Beast about the Vatican investigation of American nuns
- Mary returned to the Daily Beast to talk about the response of the LCWR to the Vatican's report
- A conversation with Adam Lee of Daylight Atheism
- Mary's interview with Kirkus Reviews
- AROHO co-founder Darlene Chandler Bassett sits down with Mary: Two Friends Discuss An Unquenchable Thirst
- Mary spoke with The Friendly Atheist about her journey and her thoughts on faith and life
- Reuters spoke to Mary about her time with Mother Teresa
- Interview for Booktopia in Australia: Ten Terrifying Questions
- Leslie Greffenius asked Mary some juicy questions in BeyondtheMargins
- San Francisco Weekly blog responded to Mary's video blog
- Barbara Presnell remembers when Mary told her, "Our lives are at stake, aren't they?"